Monday, August 17, 2009

The beauty of living alone.

I've never lived alone before. It has its advantages. Here is a list of things I can now do without a judging eye upon me:

  • Walk around in super short shorts when it's hot and not feel like a floozy.
  • Eat an enormous amount of chocolates and throw the wrappers directly on the floor (to be picked up later, of course).
  • Use three separate bathrooms for the sole reason that I have three bathrooms and I can.
  • Play Motown music really loud and dance with the dish washing brush.
  • Fart. All the time.
  • Say all my thoughts aloud rather than hold my tongue for politeness.
  • Leave the same load of clean clothes in the dryer all week long (Sorry, past roomies, I guess I did that when I lived with you, too).
  • Invest a ridiculous amount of time simply walking around my house and staring at at the pretty things I've hung on the walls.
  • Blast This American Life episodes from my speakers while I clean.
  • Cuss as much and as loud as I want when I stub my pinkie toe on the bathroom door.
  • Nap for a long-ass time in the middle of the day and not feel like a drooling sloth on someone else's couch.
  • Forget to take the trash out to the curb... two weeks in a row (I see illegal dumping in my future).
  • Run and hide from the front door when a Mormon or a fat Boy Scout tries to sell me religious propaganda or popcorn.
  • Open the refrigerator every half hour and just stare at it.
  • Eat an entire yellow squash, uncut, while dipping it in ranch dressing and reading a book on the couch.
  • Rub lotion all over my legs and body in any room in the house and quote Silence of the Lambs while I do it (i.e. "It rubs the lotion on its skin... or else it gets the hose again!!!").
  • Sing. All the time.
  • Stay up way past my bedtime writing silly things like this.





P.S. I do have to add that I do all of this in front of my boyfriend when he's over, so he's the exception. He puts up with it. I've trained him well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lie, because i had to deal with all these things living with you! haha not that it was bad because you were amazing and we had by far the best almost 2 years together!!!! But dont just say that dyke is the only one that has put up with all of these things silly! Miss you.

Kelly Jean said...

Very true, Lynz. I guess I did do all of this in front of you, too. I did say at the beginning that I can now do this "without a judging eye upon me," but I really don't think you judged me at all!

I wish time travel was possible so we could go back to the night where we drank cheap Sangria and danced to bad workout videos.

Oooh, that was the life.