Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hibernation.

I don't know what it is about December, but I always go into hiding. My friends start wondering where I am. I stay at home and wrap myself in layers of blankets, screen my calls, drink a lot of cocoa, and avoid the outside world unless completely necessary. I like winter, but I guess I only like it if I stay inside.

This hibernation has also led me to neglecting my blog. I'm surprised that the number of subscribers hasn't reduced, considering I haven't posted for some time. You guys probably thought I was dead, or in a coma. Close, but not quite. I HAVE had a cold that has decided to last a full three weeks, but I just took the last antibiotic yesterday. If it doesn't do the trick, well... at least I will be here in less than a week:


Key Largo can probably cure any cold.

Yes, I am going to Key Largo, and I am COMPLETELY ready for it. Dyke has a cousin down there, so we were able to put some money towards a flight and a rental car rather than a hotel. I have never been this south in Florida. The Keys are actually closer to Cuba than they are to the United States. AND I'll actually be touching the Atlantic Ocean. Every other Florida trip I've taken I've technically only swam in the Gulf of Mexico. So this will be a new journey for me.

I'm going to go snorkeling. I'm trying to convince Dyke to join in with me, but he has a fear of the ocean and ocean creatures. I was the one who was stung by a jellyfish when she was ten, so why is it that HE is more scared than I am? I told him if he promises to snorkel with me, I promise to skydive with him when the time comes. Yes, when I think about skydiving I almost crap my pants... but I figure thinking about the ocean and all the animals in it probably does the same for him, so it's a fair trade off.

So away we go... I can't wait.

I could write more, but guys, it's December, and I'd much rather hibernate in my house with some cocoa and pack for a warmer place. I promise I will be back in full form after the holidays. But right now, I'm lazy.

And baby, it's cold outside.


Peace,

Kelly

1 comment:

Heather Rose said...

Merely stating that I am envious cannot express how I'd kind of like to assume your identity and go in your place. :O Have fun, and enjoy it for those of us stuck in Alabama with massive amounts of precipitation, but not the right conditions for snow. :( I'm going to hibernate now. K. Thx. Bai.