Monday, January 11, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award!


I am lucky enough to a have received the beautiful blogger award from the beautiful Ari from Happy Cactus. Thank you so much Ari! This is just what I needed. I woke up this morning with a bit of a fever and a stomach ache from who knows what, and it wasn't exactly a beautiful day.

I'm hoping to feel better. Maybe this award will help.

The award rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thanks again, Ari!)
2. Copy the award and place it on your blog (see above).
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award (here it is again)
4. Tell us 7 interesting things bout yourself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs that are nominated.


Seven Interesting Things about Me:

1. Lately I've been sleeping with my head at the foot of my bed and my feet at the top (is that interesting, or just weird?)

2. I recently had a dream that my boyfriend and I did the entire final dance from Dirty Dancing, including the lift. I was proud.

3. I also had a dream that I was dating Tom Hanks, at his current age, and going to a movie premiere with him (I just realized that these dreams may have to do with my new sleeping position. You think?)

4. I recently decided I want to adopt a pet pig when I have the time to take care of one. Did you know they are smarter than dogs? They are just too cute! The guy to the left is Mr. Pigglesworth. I found him on a website. I want him. I was about to say, "He's so cute, I could eat him," but that's a bit awkward. (I do miss bacon... but apparently there is a Canadian veggie bacon out there somewhere that tastes like the real thing. Me want!)

5. As much as I try to be a good listener, if something isn't captivating enough I tend to start "active listening" even though my mind is anything but active in the conversation. I'm probably staring at your nose hairs.

6. After having such a blast at my 1920's New Year's Party, I think I might try to make it a tradition to throw a big bash every year with a different theme. What do you think? I'll take theme suggestions.

7. I think I'm becoming an insomniac again, like I was for awhile in college. I need sleep, but I toss an turn and toss and turn.


And now... drumroll please... the 7 blogs I nominate:

1. Seshat (a.k.a. my mommy)
2. HCubed (a super teacher friend)
3. NicoleIsBetter (a new discovery... she cracks me up)
4. MissMoose (totally sweet and artsy)
5. Walking Faux Pas (beautiful in how much it makes me laugh)
6. NavyOCallaghans (close friends from H.S.)
7. MeltedReel (beautifully witty movie reviews by an old friend)

Maybe I'll sleep now.

Peace,

Kelly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I brightened your day! Those are weird dreams! Maybe it does have something to do with your new sleeping position . . . who knows.

I like bacon way too much to adopt a pig. Bacon is also the reason I could never be a vegetarian . . .

Anonymous said...

I slept reversed one night too! It's definitely a different experience. Gives you a different experience about everything :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I just read my comment and didn't realize that I can't talk. It just sounds awkward. What I meant to say was that it gives you a new and fresh view of everything. At least it did in my room when I was so used to looking at a Superbad poster and when I flipped around it was a P.S. I Love You poster. Made me feel better about life I guess. Hahaha.

Tomurai said...

Thanks so much Kelly! I can't believe my neglected blog is still worthy of an award!
We're just in the middle of moving house at the moment so this is just a quick line to say thanks again.
Hopefully we'll have internet setup again soon and I can get back to regular blogging :)
And is that pig - blue??
Also weird about Tom Hanks. He tends to drop into my dreams alot wearing his Saving Private Ryan gear. I don't know what that says about me. Or Tom Hanks.

Seshat said...

Awww...thank you for nominating your mommy. I've been absent, but I'm trying to get back. This was hilarious. I don't think your father would appreciate my sleeping backwards, but lately, I could use Roxie as a pillow, since she seems to have found a sneaky way of getting up on the bed in the middle of the night without me noticing...which is good because it means I'm NOT tossing and turning.