Saturday, February 6, 2010

Coming up Millhouse.

Everything's been coming up Millhouse for me lately.  Here are a few things making me happy.

  • I haven't had a haircut in forever long, and as a result my curls are longer and more relaxed.  Thus, when my hair dries naturally it is starting to look like Kate's hair from Lost.  I always wanted mine to look like that, and now it is.  HELL YES.
  • I've got some serious job security.  This year a new position was basically invented for me since I was accidently hired back after they filled all the regular teaching positions.  I could have been completely lazy, but I've busted my arse and now people in the district are praising the work I've done with my school's new Learning Center.  The new Principal loves me, and says she'll kill me if I don't come back next year.  Also, if I get on the RIF list (RIF = Reduction in Force.  A list they send out to teachers who have worked under five years, letting them know that due to budgeting they might be cut) she's going to fight for me downtown.  HELL YES.
  • Next weekend, Dyke has Saturday and Sunday off.  It's Valentine's Day weekend, and also our one-year anniversary.  I love that I'm dating my best friend, and I love that he loves me even when I fart, mess up, freak out from stress, leave a sink full of dirty dishes, make too much noise in the morning, and give him too much of a hard time.  He's sleeping and snoring right now, and it's pretty gosh darn cute.
  • I think I've found a really adorable house.  This will be the third time I've made an offer, but I'm hoping it goes through.  I'm going to look at a couple more houses in a different area of the city this weekend, but I ultimately think I'm going to make an offer on this one.  It's painted an adorable yellow, has a white picket fence, original hardwood floors, a porch swing, a cute fenced in backyard where Thurman Merman can run around, and was built in 1920.  HELL YES.
  • The Superbowl is this weekend, and while I normally could care less about football, it will be really fun to see the Colts kick some ass again.
  • I held onto my sledding championship title last night when Dyke, some friends, and I trudged through the snow in their aparment complex and went down a big hill.  Last year, I managed to use two sleds and go down standing up, staying on them like a pair of skis.  I did it again this year, and made it the farthest.  Although, I give the "best landing" award to Cliffy, who went down backwards and landed headfirst in a giant frozen puddle of slush hidden beneath the snow.  Excellent.  I also give Magdalene the "best injury" award after breaking her tibia in four places when we went down as a group the last time is snowed.
  • Tonight I'm going out on the town in Broadripple with some friends, and can't wait to dance my ass off.
That's all for now folks.
Peace,

Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for job security and relaxed curly hair!! I've always wanted curly/wavy hair, but, alas, mine is board-straight.

Understanding partners are a blessing. I hope he has a wonderful date planned for your anniversary/valentines!