Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The deal. (NaBloPoMo Entry #11)

According to my boyfriend and his friends, there is a certain word in the English language that can be used for pretty much anything:

"Deal."

Not a day goes by when I don't hear one of them using it in a sentence, and while it is always a very broad reference, they always seem to know what each separate "deal" exactly is. Below is a list of common phrases I hear used among Dyke and his friends.

Substitute the word with whatever other word you see fit.

1. "What's the deal with tonight?"

2. "I'm going to go over and deal up the old lady."

3. "I'm going to put this stuff in the deal after it cooks completely."

4. "She's got some deal going on and can't make it."

5. "Dude, what's your deal today?"

6. "She deals in the dry cleaning business."

7. "I cleaned up your deal for you while you were gone."

8. "There's some deal going on today so he's in a mood."

9. "Can you deal me up with that chick, man?"

10. "Deal's a deal. Take the deal, or you have to deal with the deal."

Okay, so that last one is a bit exaggerrated. But, they do have this deal with the word "deal," and it really could be dealt with in any sentence.

So that's the deal.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I use deal now. It's great.

sheila ferguson said...

9pudge0420i dig your deal about deals, way to deal it up!